There are many types of hot yoga which originated from Bikram Yoga. These include Moksha Yoga, Barkan Method, etc
Ted Grand, a Bikram trained teacher, founded Moksha Hot Yoga in Canada. Moksha Yoga follows similar pricicples, however, has some major differences. In Moksha Yoga, the room is not as hot or humid as Bikram Yoga; it is not a consistant length of time; it doesn't follow a script; it doesn't follow a prescribe series of postures and the training for Moksah Yoga teachers is much shorter than the 9 week training Bikram Yoga teachers are required to attend in order to become a certified Bikram Yoga Teacher.
Moksha Yoga is a form of hot yoga that is ideal for the yoga beginner as well as the seasoned practitioner. Every Moksha Yoga class takes you through a series of strengthening and toning postures in the detoxifying calm of a heated studio. There are Moksha Yoga studios across Canada and abroad.
Jimmy Barkan, creator of the Barkan Method, a hot vinyasa series of postures. The Barkan Method also shares it roots in Bikram Yoga. Jimmy Barkan began as a Bikram Yoga certified teacher before moving on.
The Barkan Method is a style of Hatha Yoga that originated from a lineage in Calcutta, India. The Barkan Method finds its roots from this lineage in Calcutta, but also integrates postures from other styles of Yoga to create variations and even greater range of motion. The yoga classes are practiced in a heated room to stretch and strengthen various areas of the body. The practice brings vital balance and restores all systems to optimal health. Consistency will create a physical, mental and spiritual harmony that will be felt in all areas of the practitioner's life.
$100 per month for unlimited yoga classes at any Bikram Yoga Edmonton location.
Price per Class Calculations
- 2 classes per week = 11.54 per class
- 3 classes per week = 7.69 per class
- 4 classes per week = 5.77 per class
- 5 classes per week = 4.62 per class
- 6 classes per week = 3.92 per class
- 7 classes per week = 3.30 per class
- $50 set-up fee charged when you sign up
- Credit card will be automatically billed each month on the anniversary date
- 3 month minimum commitment
- Cancellation requires 1 full month's notice given on or before your anniversary date
- If you cancel your Monthly AutoRenew pass you will be charged the Sign-up Fee if you want to start it again
- Passes are not transferable, not refundable
- The Monthly AutoRenew pass cannot be paused or put on hold
- Prices subject to GST
To cancel your MAR pass, click here